Second Blessings Thrift Store
Hours to SHOP:
Tuesday – Closed
Wednesday – Saturday 10am- 4pm
Hours for Donations:
Tuesday – Closed
Wednesday – Friday 10am-4pm
The North Gwinnett Co-Op operates the Second Blessings Thrift Store. Second Blessings is located in the same building as the North Gwinnett Co-Op. Second Blessings serves as a resource for those in our community. Second Blessings also serves as a resource of clothing, shoes, and housewares for families suffering from a fire or other disaster. Second Blessings is also open to the community for shopping. Second Blessings serves as a funding stream for the Co-Op. Funds earned from Second Blessings go directly into the client service account, which is used to provide medication or utility assistance to a family in need.
What to Donate:
We know you go through your closets, basement, and garage each change of season, cleaning out those items you’ll never wear or use again. When you do, think of us and donate! Here is a great article to read before you donate: Dear World: Let’s Stop Giving Our Crap to the Poor. This is a great article, it is not as insulting as the title may seem. Our favorite quote, that we use daily, from the article is: “The poor may not have wealth, but they have dignity.” Below is a list of typical items we can and cannot accept. Please note: WE DO NOT OFFER A PICK-UP SERVICE.
CLOTHES – If you wear it, we want it!
- Men’s, Women’s, Children’s Clothing
- Men’s, Women’s, Children’s Shoes
- Accessories such as: Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Ties, Purses, Wallets, Backpacks, Belts
- Bedsheets, blankets, pillows, curtains, tablecloths, and similar items
- Bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, bath rugs
- Kitchenware such as pots, pans, utensils, china, vases, dishes, cutlery, glassware, silverware
- Small electrical appliances such as power tools, irons, blenders, mixers, stereos, lamps
- Miscellaneous Items such as jewelry, crafts, pictures/frames, baskets, ornaments
- Seasonal/Holiday decorations, etc.
- SMALL pieces of furniture (nightstand, end tables, coffee table, desk chair, etc.)
- Baby Items: Strollers, diaper bags, blankets, high chairs, crib sheets, etc.
- Hardback and paperback books
- DVDs, Blu-rays
What Not to Donate:
- Toys/Puzzles (Unless they are new/unopened)
- Stuffed Animals
- Clothing in poor condition (rips, tears, stains)
- Houseware items in poor condition (rust, broken, dirty)
- Mattresses/box springs, baby cribs
- Used children’s car seats or booster seats
- Large furniture
- Major appliances
- PC’s / Computers / Printers
- Box TVs (tube, cabinet, console). We will only accept flat/slender style that can be easily mounted on a wall.
- Construction remains (i.e. carpet scraps, boards with nails, etc.)
- Items recalled by the CPSC
- Hazardous waste/materials
- Firearms, stun guns, and firearms accessories